Friday, October 23, 2009

Victory for a Free Press


Being a journalist, I am heartened by the response
to an attempt at censorship that this news video
shows.
The day we lose our freedom of the press in this
country is the day we are no longer living in a
republic. The other news outlets that stood by
Fox News are to be commended. They didn't
just defend Fox News, they defended their
journalistic calling.

"Does not wisdom call, does not understanding
raise her voice?
On the heights beside the way, in the paths she
takes her stand;
beside the gates in front of the town, at the
entrance of the portals she cries aloud:
' To you, O men, I call, and my cry is to the
sons of men.
O simple ones, learn prudence; O foolish men,
pay attention.
Hear, for I will speak noble things,
and from my lips will come what
is right.'" Proverbs 8:1-6


No comments: