Wednesday, December 21, 2016

This Too, Is Joy




"Then Job replied to the LORD:"

"I know that you can do all things;
no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
You asked, 'Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?'
Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
things too wonderful for me to know."

"You said, 'Listen now, and I will speak;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.'
My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you;
Therefore I despise myself
and repent in dust and ashes." 
                                               Job 42:1-6



"Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51:12

"Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put my trust in you." Psalm 86:4

"When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." Psalm 94:19

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness." 
                                             Lamentations 3:22-23




No comments: