Monday, July 17, 2017

Liberty


Paul Tournier, writing in his book, The Violence Within:

Jesus' "secret, the secret of his liberty, was that he allowed himself to be led by God."



"Jesus said to them, 'My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work." John 4:34

"Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things  the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel.'" John 5:19-20

"I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me." John 5:30 

"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me." John 6:38

"For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me." John 12:49-50

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works." John 14:10





No comments: