Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made



From the Wisconsin Right to Life Website: Fast Facts on Fetal Development:

+A human person’s life begins at fertilization when the father’s sperm penetrates the mother’s egg.

+From the time of fertilization, a baby’s unique DNA and genetic makeup are complete from sex to hair color to height as an adult.

+A baby’s heart begins to beat just three weeks after fertilization.

+Brain waves can be detected at six weeks after fertilization.

+At two months after fertilization, all of the baby’s organ systems are complete. The baby just needs to grow for the remainder of time in the womb.

"from my mother's womb you have been my God." Psalm 22:10

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16

"This is what the Lord says--he who made you, who formed you in the womb..." Isaiah 44:2

"This is what the Lord says--your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, who has made all things..." Isaiah 44:24

"The word of the Lord came to me, saying, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart...'" Jeremiah 1:4-5

No comments: