Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Self-Directed or Christ-Directed?






















Campus Crusade for Christ has a great website called DiscoverGod.com. In their own words, "It’s a simple, yet compelling, guide to knowing God. Through powerful content, the Web site helps seekers discover who our Lord really is -- and why it matters." I encourage you or anyone you know to take some time to explore this site. You can get to it here:

http://discovergod.com/home/.

One of the things you'll find there is a link to the above graphic. 

DiscoverGod.com lays out the difference between being self-centered and being Christ-centered. I once used this illustration in a Sunday school class, and learned right along with the kids the ways that I was being self-centered and often times didn't even know it. 
These illustrations were a huge eye opener for me and an impetus for spiritual maturity. They showed me the truth of John 8:32,

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." 

Free from myself, that's what the Truth set me free from, along with freedom from what the world has taught me all my life. I am now free to put Jesus on the throne and learn from Him. And nothing in life has ever made me freer than that!

To read DiscoverGod.com's take on the above diagrams, go to
http://discovergod.com/pdfs/spirit.pdf.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

"So Jesus said, 'When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be, and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.' Even as he spoke, many put their faith in him." John 8:28-30


No comments: