Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Plugging In To God








Last week, I took two vehicles to the Department of Transportation Emission Test Station. As you know, an employee there takes a cord that is connected to a computer, plugs it into the vehicle, and revs the car engine. A computer reads the results and spits them out onto a printed copy, which we then take home.

It got me thinking, what would happen if Christians had to every so often physically plug themselves in to God? What would the printout reveal about our inner selves?

Even though we don’t get a hard-copy “Inspection Report” from God, He does know our inner condition at all times, and He wants to reveal that condition to us. When we are in the Word daily, talking to God, and seeking to allow Him to serve through us, we will get a pretty clear picture from God of the state of our hearts.

The question is, are we willing to “plug in” daily with God to get this report, and all it reveals?


“Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;” Psalm 26:2


No comments: