Tuesday, October 25, 2011

God Is, Regardless


I came across this Habakkuk verse today and it pretty much stopped me in my tracks:


“Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,

though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,

though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,

yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength;

he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,

he enables me to go on the heights. “

Habakkuk 3:17-19


Contained in these two lines is a sermon to last a lifetime: what an expression of joy, regardless of circumstances. What an expression of trust, regardless of circumstances. What an expression of standing strong, regardless of circumstances!

These last two lines of Habakkuk are motivating words for a day in which a critical and complaining spirit often reigns, even within the Body of Christ.

But God, in His Word, provides for our every need. And Habakkuk is a great place to start to allow God Himself to lift us up in renewal and steadfastness in our walk with Him, regardless….

No comments: