Friday, October 25, 2013

The Road to Reconciliation Part 1: Repentance



Sin has consequences. If we sin against another, there will be consequences. Our first duty is to repent to God since all sin is against Him. And then we go to the person against whom we have sinned. 

When we offer repentance and apology to people for our offense, and it is not accepted, then they are choosing to not forgive: their intention is to practice un-forgiveness. 

Again, our sin against a person(s) has consequences—even the consequence that they may not forgive us when we say we are sorry and attempt to reconcile. But when we do our part in the attempt at reconciliation, they, too, must do their part for reconciliation to take place. Their un-forgiveness reveals where they are at, not where we are at


"When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.' So he got up and went to his father." 
Luke 15:17-20



No comments: