Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Being Right With God


There is no greater feeling in the world than being right with God. And this isn’t a one-time deal. It’s intentionally ongoing, every moment.

We do it by answering to Him alone: when someone makes a sarcastic and hurtful remark, when headlines scare us, when politics threaten to dominate, when a relationship is challenged and charged with emotion, when negativity wants to take over....in all of this, we say,

 “I stand in the love of Christ and shall not be moved. I will not cave in to the world or my perceived right to be hurt or offended. I will not cave in to anger or holding a grudge. I will answer to God and not myself or man. I will maintain a clear conscience of being in His will, come what may. His estimation of the condition of my heart is all that matters. It is this estimation, coming from Him alone, that saves me from darkness within.”

copyright Barb Harwood



“Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.” Romans 13:13-14


No comments: