Sunday, April 6, 2014

If I Had Life to Do Over Again



If I had it to do all over again, I would read the Bible every morning, taking absolutely serious everything it said, and then do it, for the sole purpose of pleasing God. My discipline and priority every day would be to apply its wisdom through the power of the living Holy Spirit within me. 

But many of us want to do everything but what we really should. We do other than what we really must.

“Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus. It is God’s will that you should be sanctified;...”
1 Thessalonians 4:1-3 (emphasis mine).


No comments: