Friday, June 29, 2018

Searching to Actually Find


Many people are taking the time, sometimes inordinately so--even entire lifetimes--to search

But isn't the point of searching to find


Oh, that unromantic, "rain-on-my-parade," socially out-of-favor notion of actually coming to conviction about things and actually knowing something


Not to be confused with "Know-it-allism," which is merely the outworking of not having taken the time to search and learn anything at all. 


Searching, I agree, never fully concludes, as knowledge is infinite. 


The point is, that finding actually begins


copyright Barb Harwood



"Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind and said,
'Who is this that darkens counsel 
By words without knowledge?'" Job 38:1-2


"Then Job answered the LORD and said,

'I know that You can do all things,
And that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
'Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?'
Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know...
I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear;
But now my eye sees You;
Therefore I retract,
And I repent in dust and ashes.'" Job 42:1-3; 5-6


"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened." Jesus, speaking in Luke 11:9-10









No comments: