Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Eyes to See


The following quote is from a paper written by Susumu Uda, who at the time, 1974, was a professor in the Japan Christian Theological Seminary and pastor of the Kugayama Presbyterian Church:

"As man cannot, dare not, see himself as he is, he cannot and will not see God as he really is." 
Susumu Uda



"Then Job answered the LORD and said, 

"I know that You can do all things,
And that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted.
'Who is this that hides counsel without knowledge?'
Therefore I have declared that which I did not understand,
Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know."
'Hear, now, and I will speak;
I will ask You, and You instruct me.'
"I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear;
But now my eye sees You;
Therefore I retract,
And I repent in dust and ashes." Job 42:1-6


"When the scribes of the Pharisees saw that He was eating with the sinners and the tax collectors, they said to His disciples, 'Why is He eating and drinking with tax collectors and sinners?' And hearing this, Jesus said to them, 'It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners.'" Mark 2:16-17



No comments: