Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Each Person's Dignity Comes From Being Made in the Image of God by God Himself

 

"We must not trade" (engage or operate) "in the secular narrative that says we display our prowess by the clothes we wear, by the jewelry we sport, by the cars we drive, by the virtues we signal, by the things we Tweet, or whatever. We reject all that, because we live in the story that says we were enslaved to sin and Christ bought us out of slavery. That's our identity. My dignity doesn't come from my achievements, or from the way that worldly people look at what I've accomplished and are impressed by it. My dignity comes from the fact that first of all I'm made in the image of God--and in Christ, God set his love on me and sent his Son to die for me. And that totally reshapes how you imagine yourself in the world." 

(bold and italics mine)

This quote is by Jim Hamilton, a professor of Biblical theology, pastor and author, and appears in an article titled, The Lord's Supper and Racial Unity, published in the book, A Biblical Answer for Racial Unity

No comments: